Recently launched Xiaomi Mi Max receives the Official TWRP 126.96.36.199 Recovery. Mi Max is a beautiful flagship device from Xiaomi, which launched on last month along with MIUI 8. You can also download MIUI 8 ROM for Xiaomi Mi Max. The device is still new, but TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Max is already available. In this guide, we help you to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max. Also, we know that TWRP 3.0.0 released recently means you get the latest TWRP on Lenovo Mi Max. The process of Xiaomi Mi Max root is very easy all you need to follow the steps. But before you root Xiaomi Mi Max, you need to unlock its bootloader (check How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max). So before we explain to you how to root and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max, you can check why you should root your device.
If you are a Xiaomi Mi Max user, then you can Root Xiaomi Mi Max and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Max. The Recovery we provide is the official version of TWRP for Xiaomi Mi Max. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Max. Read the below note carefully before you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- You need to Unlock your Phone’s Bootloader. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Mi Max.
- Download SuperSu to root Xiaomi Mi Max and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlocking’option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Mi Max from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command in command prompt or by pressing “volume up + power button” to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
8) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
9) Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”. It will disable the Encryption and mount your storage.
10) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Mi Max.
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Xiaomi Mi Max and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max successfully. The first reboot takes some time to start the system.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max. If you have any questions, then comment below.