WhatsApp recently launched a new document-sharing feature for Android and iOS, with that you can send and receive any PDF files over the chat. In WhatsApp, we share photos, videos, contacts and audio files with each other and with the latest updates you can also share PDF files but still no option for sharing another document type like doc, xls or ppt. But today we share a trick with that you can Send any Document File with WhatsApp.
You don’t need any other software or cloud services to Share or Send any Document File with WhatsApp. All you need to modify some code in your file manager but you need a root access for that. You can check how to Root any device with one click.
XDA contributor @yossijoe comes With a simple trick with the help of that you can Send any Document File with WhatsApp with a little modification. For that first update your WhatsApp to latest version(v2.12.493). Once you upgrade your WhatsApp, you can able to send any document file with WhatsApp. Supported formats are Word(.doc), Text(.txt), PPT, Excel(.xls) etc.
How to Send any Document File with WhatsApp –
1) Download or Update your whatsApp to Latest version (v2.12.493) for document support.
2) Now download a file manager (ES File Explorer open with) from PlayStore.
3) Now Open ES File Explorer and enable the Root Explorer.
4) Now navigate to
and open com.WhatsApp_preferences.xml with ES Note Editor.
5) You see the string like this
6) Now add other document types after PDF like
7) Now save the file with above modifications and force closed the WhatsApp.
8) Now open Whatsapp and share any document file to your contacts.
That’s all, Now you can Send any Document File with WhatsApp. Share this trick with your friends and comment below if you have any doubts.