Official bootloader unlock for the European LG G5 (H850) is now available from LG’s Developer site. G5 is the latest flagship device by LG, which comes with powerful specifications and detachable modules. Until now there was no method to unlock bootloader of LG G5, but recently LG released it for the European variant (H850). With some simple steps you can easily unlock Bootloader of LG G5 and flash TWRP on your device. Even though the process is officially supported by LG, but the unlock operation isn’t official like HTC, which means that the warranty of your LG G5 will void. Before you unlock bootloader of LG G5 make sure you are on European variant H850, it will not work on any other variants.
If you’re planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, you have to unlock bootloader of LG G5 first. Once you unlock LG G5 bootloader, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. Thanks to the XDA Recognized Contributor and Developer autoprime who provide the step-by-step guide to unlock the bootloader of LG G5. So here is the step by step guide with the help of that you can quickly unlock bootloader of LG G5 H850. Read the below note carefully before you unlock bootloader of European LG G5.
- Unlocking bootloader of LG G5 will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- This procedure only works for European LG G5 H850, don’t try it on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take acomplete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows orADB and Fastboot for Mac
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G5 –
1) First, create a free LG Developer account:Register account
2) To unlock bootloader of LG G5, you need two things, device ID and your phone’s IMEI number. To get the IMEI, you can simply type *#06# in the dialer and note it down.
3) To get device id follow the below steps.
4) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
5) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below.
adb reboot bootloader
6) Once your device boot into the bootloader mode type the below command
fastboot oem device-id
7) The above command will return a character string. This is the Device ID of your device, which is needed to generate your unique unlock key.
$ fastboot oem device-id (bootloader)----------------------------------------------------------------- (bootloader) Device-ID (bootloader) CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013 (bootloader) F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1 (bootloader)-----------------------------------------------------------------
8) Now to generate your unlock key, you need to paste together the 2 lines of output into one continuous string without “(bootloader)” or white spaces.
Example, the Device ID would be:
9) Now go to the LG Developer website and Log in to your account and click the Start Unlocking the Bootloader button.
10) Now on the page that opens, enter your details include your name, email ID, IMEI and device ID.
11) Now select ‘LG H850‘ from the drop down of the ‘Phone‘ menu and click on‘Confirm‘.
12) Now you get Unlock key on your mail, download the file and save it on fastboot installation directory.
13) Now while the device is still in fastboot mode and is connected to your PC, enter the below command in command prompt:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
14) Now to reboot your device type
The above steps will unlock Bootloader of LG G5, to root and install TWRP Recovery on LG G5 follow this guide. Let us know if you have any doubts.
Source – XDA