Samsung rolled out the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy S5. But many users still not received the OTA update so we provide the Marshmallow OTA file for Galaxy S5 with that you can Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow Manually. Recently Samsung released Marshmallow for Galaxy Note 4 in India which brings many new features and bug fixes. Marshmallow update for Galaxy S5 is currently rolling out only in Sri Lanka. Galaxy S5 G900F Marshmallow updates for other countries will be released soon. The Samsung Galaxy S5 rolled out Marshmallow update via OTA (over-the-air). Many users are already getting Android 6.0 marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy S5. You can also manually check for the update by going to Settings -> About Phone -> System updates -> Check for update. You can wait for the OTA updates or you can Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow manually.
The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Samsung’s new browser with ad blocking feature, VR support, Now on Tap, Doze Mode, New App Permissions and more. The OTA file provide below is only for Sri Lankan Galaxy S5 G900F, so don’t try it on other devices. Other countries will receive marshmallow update soon. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy S5 available via OTA (over-the-air) and it is about 1.3GB in size. Check below steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow Manually.
- Your device must be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F variant (Sri Lanka) only don’t try it on any other model.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data but it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to install official Android 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 –
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA File
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow Manually –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting.
2) Download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy S5 G900F from above and Unzip it.
3) Download the latest version of Odin from above and unzip the zip file.
4) Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
5) Now Boot your Galaxy S5 into Download Mode by press and hold ‘Power + Home + Vol Down‘ buttons.
6) Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
7) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
7) Now locate and add the firmware ‘.tar‘ file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
8) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“. (make sure Re-partition is NOT ticked)
9) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen.
That’s all this is the complete guide to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow Manually. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.