Download and Install TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel and Pixel XL
Official TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel and Pixel XL is now available for download. TWRP V3 is the most recent version of TWRP from TeamWin. We already share a method to unlock bootloader and root Pixel devices and if you already unlock your device and want to try some custom ROMs, then you need to install custom recovery on Pixel and Pixel XL first. Download official TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel and Pixel XL from below.
If you are a Pixel user, then you can easily Download and Install TWRP Recovery for Pixel and Pixel XL. Thanks to developer Dees_Troy for providing the working alpha build. So here is the step by step guide to Download and Install TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel and Pixel XL. Read the below note carefully before you Download TWRP Recovery for Pixel and Pixel XL. If you accidently flash TWRP using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will have to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image. Download TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel and Pixel XL from below.
- Installing TWRP may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Doing a restore of the data partition could result in a loss of all data, possibly including internal storage! Do not use if you have multiple users
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Pixel device with unlock bootloader (For Verzion Pixel Unlock guide)
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Pixel and Pixel XL –
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlocking’ from setting>developer option>. Check how to enable Developer Options.
2) Download TWRP img and zip file, rename it ‘recovery.img’ and place it in adb and fastboot folder and TWRP Zip file on your device.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection enter “fastboot devices“ in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Now pass the following command to temporary boot device into TWRP
fastboot boot recovery.img
6) The above step will boot your device into TWRP recovery.
7) Now from TWRP recovery main menu, Click on Install and select the TWRP installer zip file and Swipe to flash the file.
8) This will install TWRP to the both slots on your Pixel phone.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install TWRP Recovery for Google Pixel and Pixel XL. If you have any questions, then comment below.