Google has officially released the Android 8.1 Oreo Update for Nexus and Pixel Devices. The Android Oreo 8.1 developer preview is available only for Nexus phones (Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P) and Pixel phones(Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, and Pixel 2 XL) which brings some major fixes and improvements over the Android 8.0. Download Android 8.1 Oreo Factory Image for Nexus and Pixel Devices from below.
The Android 8.1 oreo include a new Oreo Easter egg and the automatic light and dark themes along with new Google Font and Power menu and many more features. You can check the List of best Android Oreo Features. Download Android 8.1 Oreo System Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices from below.
There is two method to get Android 8.1 on your device either install Android Oreo OTA Updates or Download the Factory Images of Android Oreo and flash it manually. Android 8.1 OTA files for Nexus and Pixel devices is currently not available but we will share it as soon as it available. Download Android 8.1 Developer preview Factory Image for Nexus and Pixel Devices from below.
Download Android 8.1 Oreo Factory Image for Nexus and Pixel Devices
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo for your device from above.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot driver installed (Check out How to setup ADB and Fastboot on windows and Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac)
- Take Complete Backup of your Device.
How to Install Android 8.1 Factory Image on Pixel and Nexus Devices –
Unlock Bootloader to Install Android 8.1 Oreo
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Go to ADB installation directory and press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
3) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt.
5) To unlock bootloader of Pixel on Android Oreo, go to the command line and type below command. It will only take seconds to complete the process.
fastboot flashing unlock
6) Now your device will reboot into bootloader mode.
Flashing Android 8.1 Oreo Factory Image on Pixel and Nexus Devices
1) Download the Android Oreo factory image for your device and unzip it.
2) Connect your device to the PC over USB and Enable USB Debugging option from setting>developer option>.
3) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter in fastboot mode press and hold ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power’ button or by typing “adb reboot bootloader”
4) Open the command prompt and navigate to the unzipped system image directory.
5) Now Execute the “flash-all.bat“, it will unzip the image files and install the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and operating system. The step will install Android Oreo system image on Nexus and Pixel devices.
If flash-all.bat file not work, you can pass all commands manually by –
1) First, flash the bootloader and the radio
fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here>.img fastboot flash radio <radio file name here>.img fastboot reboot-bootloader
2) Flash the recovery, boot, and system
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
3) Now a full wipe, flash cache and userdata
fastboot flash cache cache.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
4) Reboot your device
So this the complete guide of install and Download Android 8.1 Oreo Factory Image for Nexus and Pixel Devices. If you have any doubts comments below.