Google has officially released the Android 9.0 Pie Update for Google Pixel Devices. Google released the first developer preview of the latest version of Google in March and continuing adding developer previews with new features, bug fixes, and improvements. And now they rolling out the stable build of Android 9.0 Pie for Pixel Devices. Download Android 9.0 Pie for Google Pixel Devices from below.
The Android Pie features a new Digital Wellbeing dashboard, gesture-based navigation system, AI-enhanced improvements to the UI, Recent App Switcher,new Adaptive features (adaptive battery and brightness), and more. Download Android 9.0 Pie System Images for Pixel Devices from below.
There is two method to get Android Pie on your device either install Android Pie OTA Updates or Download the Factory Images of Android Pie and flash it manually. If you’re already using the Android P build on your Pixel, you can grab the OTA file and sideload it without deleting your data. The Android 9 Pie System images will install over top of whatever you’re running, and they do delete everything by default. Download Android 9.0 Pie for Google Pixel Devices from below.
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Google Pixel Devices
Download Android 9 Pie Factory Image and OTA for Pixel Devices
- Android 9.0 Pie System Image for Google Pixel Devices: Download
- Android 9.0 Pie OTA for Google Pixel Devices: Download
- Download Android 9.0 Pie for your device from above.
- Follow the method correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot driver installed (Check out How to setup ADB and Fastboot on windows and Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac)
- Installing Android Pie System image will delete all your data so take Complete Backup of your Device before proceeding.
How to Install Android Pie Factory Image on Pixel Devices –
Unlock Bootloader to Install Android Pie
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Go to ADB installation directory and press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
3) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt.
5) To unlock bootloader of Pixel on Android Pie, go to the command line and type below command. It will only take seconds to complete the process.
fastboot flashing unlock
6) Now your device will reboot into bootloader mode.
Flashing Android Pie Factory Image on Pixel Devices
1) Download the Android Pie factory image for your device and unzip it.
2) Connect your device to the PC over USB and Enable USB Debugging option from setting>developer option>.
3) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter in fastboot mode press and hold ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power’ button or by typing “adb reboot bootloader”
4) Open the command prompt and navigate to the unzipped system image directory.
5) Now Execute the “flash-all.bat“, it will unzip the image files and install the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and operating system. The step will install Android Pie system image on Google Pixel devices.
If flash-all.bat file not work, you can pass all commands manually by –
1) First, flash the bootloader and the radio
fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here>.img fastboot flash radio <radio file name here>.img fastboot reboot-bootloader
2) Flash the recovery, boot, and system
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
3) Now a full wipe, flash cache and userdata
fastboot flash cache cache.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
4) Reboot your device
Install Android Pie OTA on Google Pixel devices
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download Android Pie OTA for Pixel Phones from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Apply Update from ADB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the Pie OTA on your Pixel Phone by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.
So this the complete guide of install and Download Android 9.0 Pie for Google Pixel Devices. If you have any doubts comments below.