Download and Install Unofficial CM14 for Redmi Note 3
Good news for Redmi Note 3 users, Developers start working on CyanogenMod 14 for Redmi Note 3. First working build is already available but of course, contains some bugs. Recently Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for many Nexus Devices. Unofficial CM14 is already available for Yu Yuphoria, OnePlus 3, OnePlus X and more devices. And now AOSP 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM for Redmi Note 3 is available for download. XDA Recognized Contributor Santhosh M posted the Unofficial CM14 for Redmi Note 3. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Unofficial CM14 for Redmi Note 3 from below.
The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for Redmi Note 3 and missing many features, but developers manage to make it usable. This build contains many bugs, but that’s improved with time. But the good news is you can experience Android Nougat on Redmi Note 3. The CM14 Android Nougat for Redmi Note 3 brings Nougat features to your device. Download Unofficial CM14 for Redmi Note 3 from below.
What works ?
- Camera (only photo capture as of now, video rec is broken)
- Other basic things
What doesn’t ?
- Video recording
- Photo capture on some rn3 devices
- CM related features
- This ROM is work on Redmi Note 3. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Unofficial CM14 for Redmi Note 3
How to Install CM14 on Redmi Note 3
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14 ROM for Redmi Note 3 and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download CM14 for Redmi Note 3 and Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.