Recently launched Huawei Honor 5X grabs attention to many people’s with its price and specifications. This is a new device but developers still got a way to root and install custom recovery on Honor 5X. But first you need to unlock the bootloader of Honor 5X if you want to root Huawei Honor 5X or to install TWRP recovery on Huawei Honor 5X. So before we explain to you how to root and install custom recovery on Honor 5X, you can check why you should root your device. So before we explain to you how to root and install custom recovery on Honor 5X, you should check some benefits of rooting.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After root and install custom recovery on Honor 5X you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- This method is only for Honor 5X KIW L-24 (kiwi).
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install custom recovery on Honor 5X –
- 1) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- 2) Download and install Universal ADB driver for Honor 5X if above doesn’t work.
- 3) Download TWRP Recovery for Honor 5X and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- 4) Download SuperSu to root Honor 5x and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Honor 5X –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
4) In command prompt type “fastboot devices” and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connect properly otherwise check the device driver again.
5) Type this command correctly in command prompt without quotes “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
6) Now type “fastboot boot recovery.img“ in command prompt it will reboot your phone into recovery mode.Now you successfully installed custom recovery on Honor 5X.
7) You are in recovery mode now. In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’.
8) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root and install custom recovery on Honor 5X successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to root and install custom recovery on Honor 5X with easy steps. To verify root access, just download root checker from Google Play store and confirm if your device has gained root access. If you have any questions, comment below.