Google launched two variants of Nexus device last year, Nexus 6P and the Nexus 5X. Nexus 5X is one of the best smartphone which offers a pure Android experience with powerful Specifications. Nexus 5X powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with 2GB of RAM. It comes with a 5.2 inches 1080p IPS display with 423ppi pixel density. The phone has 12.3 MP with 1.55 µm pixels Rear and 5MP front camera. Along with the powerful specifications you can add extras by rooting your phone but for that you need to unlock bootloader of Nexus 5X first.
If you’re planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, you have to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 5X first. Once you unlock the bootloader of Nexus 5X, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. So here is the step by step guide with the help of that you can quickly unlock bootloader of Nexus 5X. Read the below note carefully before you unlock bootloader of Nexus 5X.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to unlock bootloader of Nexus 5X –
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
3) After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter into the folder and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
5) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode by pressing a combination of ‘Power + Volume Down’.
6) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection enter “fastboot devices“ in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
7) To unlock bootloader of Nexus 5X, go to the command line and type “fastboot oem unlock” it will ask you to confirm the Action, you can confirm it by selecting ‘Yes’. It will only take seconds to complete the process.
This is the complete guide of how to unlock bootloader of Nexus 5X. But unlocking your bootloader alone is not enough you should install a custom recovery and root your device to get full access. If you have any doubt related to above process comment below and stay tuned for our guide of how to root and install a custom recovery on Nexus 5X.