Good news for Mate 9 Pro Users, Latest Android 8.0 Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 Pro is now available for download. Recently we shared the Mate 9 Oreo Firmware and now Mate 9 Oreo Update is rolling out via OTA which is based on the latest Emotion UI 8.0 and Android 8.0 Oreo OS. The update Featuring enhanced performance and security and EMUI 8.0 delivers a fresh experience that lets you get more out of your device. If you want to Install EMUI 8.0 on Mate 9 Pro or want to Update Huawei Mate 9 Pro to Android 8.0 Oreo Manually then you are in right place. Here we share a guide to Download Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware.
EMUI 8.0 brings all Android Oreo Features along with floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, Faster AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, and speed, enhanced protection, and lots of new features and settings. Other than that Mate 9 Pro EMUI 8.0 update comes with many new features and bug fixes. You can check the complete features and changelogs from below. You can Download Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware from below.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update is available for both LON-L29 variants. The update is rolling out via OTA and available for Europe and Asian users. EMUI 8.0 update for Mate 9 Pro comes with a build number LON-L29 126.96.36.1993 (C432log). Download Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware from below to update Mate 9 Pro to Android Oreo manually.
Firmware Information –
- Device – Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Model – LON-L29
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B323
- Build Number – LON-L29 188.8.131.523 (C432log)/LON-L29 184.108.40.2062 (C636)
- Region – Europe/Asia
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
- This Firmware file is only for Huawei Mate 9 Pro LON-L29. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Below method is not tested so do it at your own risk.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware
1) Download Huawei Mate 9 Pro 220.127.116.113 Oreo Update LON-L29 18.104.22.1683 (C432log) (Europe) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99564/f1
2) Download 22.214.171.1242 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 LON-L29 126.96.36.1992 (C636) (Asia) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99744/f1
3) Download 188.8.131.522 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 LON-L29 184.108.40.2062 (C185) (Middle-East) –
- Custom ROM URL – http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99760/f1
4) Download Huawei Mate 9 Android Oreo Firmware – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Mate 9 Pro –
Method 1 – Update Mate 9 Pro to Oreo using HWOTA Tool
1) Requirements for this method.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Mate 9 Pro first, Skip it if you already had it unlocked.
- Download HWOTA_LON.zip file.
- Download the above three files and rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and “update_full_hw_usa.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
2) First download the HWOTA_LON.zip from above and extract it on your PC or your device SD Card.
3) Now download all three update, data, and public files (make sure you rename the files as mentioned above) and copy them either in the external SDCard inside an HWOTA folder or in the PC in the C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
4) Run the update.bat file as an administrator, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
5) Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
6) The above step will install TWRP in your device.
7) Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
8) Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
9) If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER.
10) It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
11) Done! Above step will start the installation of files on your device
Method 2 – Update Mate 9 pro to EMUI 8.0 using HiSuite
1) First you need to download two files.
2) Run Huawei Updater, check the box “Custom ROM” and “Custom Port”
3) In Custom ROM enter the correct ROM version for flashing [for example: LON-L29 220.127.116.113 (C432log)]
4) In Custom ROM enter correct ROM URL (For example: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1913/g1699/v99564/f1)
5) Now click on “Start” button and accept waiting alert messages.
6) Now connect your phone to HiSuite. Make sure device recognized by HiSuite and connected properly.
7) In HiSuite windows, open Settings –> General –> Custom Proxy and configure below changes –
- Address: 127.0.0.1
- Port: 41279
8) Go back to main HiSuite windows and click on “System update”
9) Press Update and wait for download firmware.
10) Your device will reboot and start upgrading.
This is the easiest way to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei Mate 9 Pro. If you have any questions comment below.