Now you can Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 8.1 Oreo by installing latest Nitrogen OS 8.1 ROM. Redmi Note 3 already received the Android 8.0 Oreo ROM and now first Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Redmi Note 3 then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 3.
XDA Senior Member xyyx released the initial build of Nitrogen OS 8.1 ROM for Redmi Note 3 which is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 from below.
The ROM is an initial Nitrogen OS build for Redmi Note 3 and missing some features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 3. The Redmi Note 3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 3 from below and Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 8.1 Oreo manually.
- This ROM is work on Redmi Note 3. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download NitrogenOS 8.1 ROM for Redmi Note 3
- Download Nitrogen OS 8.1 Oreo for Redmi Note 3 – Download (Development Page)
- Android 8.1 Oreo Gapps For Redmi Note 3 – Download
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 3
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.1 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 3. Let us know how’s your experience with AOSP 8.1 update for Redmi Note 3 by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.