Now you can Update Vibe K5/K5Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo by installing latest Pixel Experience ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.1 for Vibe K5/K5Plus is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Vibe K5/K5Plus then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Vibe K5/K5Plus.
XDA Senior Member [email protected] released the initial build of AOSP 8.1 ROM for Vibe K5/K5Plus which is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Vibe K5/K5Plus from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Vibe K5/K5Plus and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Vibe K5 and Vibe K5Plus. The Vibe K5/K5Plus Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Vibe K5/K5Plus from below and Update Vibe K5/K5Plus to Android Oreo manually.
Whats NOT Working :
- This ROM is work on Vibe K5/K5Plus. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Android 8.1 Pixel Experience ROM for Vibe K5/K5Plus
- Download Pixel Experience ROM for Vibe K5/K5Plus – Download (Development Page)
- Android 8.1 Oreo Gapps For Vibe K5/K5Plus – Download (Gapps already included, don’t flash until needed)
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Vibe K5/K5Plus
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.1 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Vibe K5/K5Plus. Let us know how’s your experience with Vibe K5/K5Plus Pixel Experience ROM by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.