Now you can Update Huawei P8 Lite 2017 to Android 9 Pie by installing latest AOSP 9.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 9 Pie Update for Pixel Devices and Android Pie Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Pie and now first AOSP 9.0 for Android 9 Pie is available for download. If you want to taste Android 9.0 Pie ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
XDA Senior Member Askuccio_DROID released the initial build of AOSP 9.0 ROM for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 which is an initial build but stable enough to use it as a daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Pie features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Pie build for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Pie on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. The Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Android Pie ROM brings all Android Pie features to your device. Download Android 9 Pie on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 from below and Update Huawei P8 Lite 2017 to Android Pie manually.
- Hotspot Wifi
- This ROM is work on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 running on EMUI 8.0 or above. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Pie build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Pixel Experience ROM for Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Download Pixel Experience ROM for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 – Download (Development Page)
- Android 9.0 Pie Gapps For Huawei P8 Lite 2017 – Unofficial OpenGapps (Gapps are included with the build so no need to flash them separately)
How to Install Android 9 Pie on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
You will need an unlocked bootloader to install this ROM. For now it’s no longer possible for any user to generate new bootloader unlock codes. So If your bootloader isn’t already unlocked, you can’t unlock your bootloader now to install this.
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 9.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file, After that flash Gapps.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Let us know how’s your experience with AOSP 9.0 update for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.