Good news for OnePlus 6 Users, Latest Android 9 Pie update for OnePlus 6 is now available for download. The OnePlus 6 Android 9 Pie Update is an official build and rolling out as OxygenOS Open Beta. If you want to Install Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 6 or want to Update OnePlus 6 to Android 9 Pie then Download OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6 from below and install it manually.
OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta 2 brings improvements to WiFi stability, background power consumption, image quality for the front-facing camera, performance improvements and bug fixes. OnePlus 6 Android 9 Pie update is about 1.5GB in size and soon will be available for all users. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie On OnePlus 6.
The update is an “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you will receive the OTA if you are in previous Open Beta build else you have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. After flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 6 you will continue getting the OTA. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6 from below.
OnePlus 6 Open beta 2 Changelogs –
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Optimization for the pocket mode to reduce accidental touches
- Optimized multi-tasking UI
- Optimized image quality for the front camera
- Improved UI for Verification Codes (for OTP), making it faster to find what you want
- Known Issues
- Third-Party Apps
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
- Third-Party Apps
- This method is only for the OnePlus 6.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6
How to Install Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 6 (OxygenOS Open Beta 2)
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the Android 9 Pie Open Beta for OnePlus 6 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from ADB Sideload
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 6 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Once the process completes Reboot your phone.
1) Download Oxygen OS Open beta 2 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2) Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
3) Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4) Your device will now reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
5) The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.
That’s all this is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 6 (OxygenOS Open Beta 2). Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.