Google has released an Android P developer preview for Wear OS. The Wear OS developer preview is available only for the Huawei Watch 2 Bluetooth and it can be installed on either the Sport or Classic versions. The Android P update offers a bunch of changes that make the OS both more efficient with battery life and offer improved performance. From below you can Download and Install Android P Wear OS on Huawei Watch 2.
At the Google I/O 2018 annual developer conference, Google also announced the rollout of Android P Beta for Pixel devices and for a range of non-Pixel devices. The only way right now to install the latest Wear OS based on Android P on Huawei Watch 2 is to flash the factory images. So follow below method to Download and Install Android P Wear OS on Huawei Watch 2.
You have to wait several more months until you actually get the Android P update on your watch. Still, there’s a way to give Android P a try right now. So if you want to install Android P on Huawei Watch 2 then follow below steps.
- This method will work only on Huawei Watch 2 Bluetooth variants.
- Below method is not tested so do it at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Android P Wear OS for Huawei Watch 2
- Preview image for testing sawfish – Download (sawfish-PWH1.180422.008.tgz)
- Non-preview image (for after testing) – Download (sawfish-factory-OWDD.180215.018.tgz)
How to Install Android P Wear OS on Huawei Watch 2 –
1) Enable ADB debugging option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Download and unzip the Android P system image for Huawei Watch 2 from above in the adb and fastboot folder.
4) Attach the watch charger to the watch and plug the USB cable into your computer.
5) On ADB and Fastboot folder, press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
7) if your device is listed you’re ready to flash the ROM
8) Reboot your Android Wear into the Bootloader mode or Fastboot mode by passing the following command via cmd
adb reboot bootloader
9) Now use below command to unlock the watch’s bootloader. This step will erase all data on the watch.
fastboot oem unlock
10) On the watch, select the option to unlock the bootloader.
11) On your computer, navigate to the directory where you unzipped the system image and execute the below script:
On Linux or MacOS, type ./flash-all.sh On Windows, type flash-all.bat
So this the complete guide to Download and Install Android P Wear OS on Huawei Watch 2. If you have any doubts comments below.