Here we share a guide to Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Android devices. It has been just over a year since Cyanogen Inc. shut its door, but luckily Lineage OS continues the project in its place and picks up where CM left off with version 14.1. Since its initial release, the OS has branched out to offer support for over a hundred devices and is still being improved and updated on a regular basis. The team has now officially announced the LineageOS 15.1 update with an Android 8.1 base. Follow below guide to Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Android devices.
Team LineageOS has skipped the official Lineage OS 15 Update and release the Lineage OS 15.1 with Android 8.1 as a base. The new LineageOS 15.1 offers all of the features that Android 8.0 and Android 8.1 Oreo bring to the table. The update brings Project Trebble support, advanced Autofill, picture-in-picture, notification channels or snoozing, corrected emojis, and much more. Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Android devices from below.
This method to install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Android device is not a device specific. If a LineageOS 15.1 ROM is available for your device, then you can use this guide. To install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Android device, all you need is a rooted device with a custom recovery and LineageOS 15.1 ROM gapps for your device. You can find step by step guide of How to Install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Android phone from below.
List of Devices with Official LineageOS 15.1 Support
Regarding the devices supported by the new version 15.1 or the relative changes for the other versions, here is the list of the models and the links for the pages dedicated to them. Check out the List of LineageOS 15.1 Supported devices from below.
- Google Nexus 6P – angler
- Google Nexus 5X – bullhead
- LeEco Le Pro3 / Le Pro3 Elite – zl1
- OnePlus 3 / 3T – oneplus3
- OnePlus 5 – cheeseburger
- OnePlus 5T – dumpling
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) – gts210vewifi
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) – gts28vewifi
- Xiaomi Mi 5 – gemini
- Xiaomi Mi 5S – capricorn
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus – natrium
- Download LineageOS 15.1 for Other devices check here – Download
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your phone for safer side and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Download LineageOS 15.1 ROM from above
- Rooted device with TWRP Installed
- LineageOS 15.1 Gapps for your device
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Android phone
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the LineageOS 15.1 ROM for your device and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button” (It may differ from your device).
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file (Optional).
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Install LineageOS 15.1 ROM on your Android phone. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.