Latest TWRP Recovery 3.0.3 is now available for HTC U Ultra. The phone just launched and now available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to root HTC U Ultra, then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC U Ultra. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra and then flash SuperSu to Root HTC U Ultra. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.3 on HTC U Ultra. Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC U Ultra.
If you are an HTC U Ultra user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra. Thanks to developer Captain_Throwback who provide the unofficial TWRP for HTC U Ultra. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC U Ultra.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root your device, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on HTC U Ultra –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for HTC U Ultra – Download
- Download SuperSu to root HTC U Ultra and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC U Ultra
Install TWRP on HTC U Ultra –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot download
4) You are in the Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on HTC U Ultra
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now reboot your device or boot into recovery mode with hardware button and follow below guide.
Below rooting method is a comman way to Root a device by flashing supersu and not tested on HTC U Ultra so only try it at your own risk.
Root HTC U Ultra –
1) To Root HTC U Ultra, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root HTC U Ultra.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device.
So this is the complete guide of how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC U Ultra with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.