Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6. The Mi 6 is the Xiaomi’s latest flagship device which launched recently. The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root Xiaomi Mi 6 then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6 and then flash SuperSu to Root Mi 6. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.1.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.1.0 on Xiaomi Mi 6. Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6.
If you are a Mi 6 user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 6. The recovery originally posted here which provide the unofficial English TWRP for Mi 6 Sagit. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6. Also, Check Mi 6 Stock wallpaper’s and Stable ROM
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Mi6 and install TWRP on it, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 6. (Check How to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 6)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 6 Sagit (Rename it to recovery.img)
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for Mi 6 – Download
- Download SuperSu to root Xiaomi Mi 6 and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6
Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 6 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on Mi 6
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) Now follow below steps without leaving TWRP.
Root Xiaomi Mi 6 –
1) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
2) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
3) Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip’. (If internal memory does not show up then Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” and transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and SuperSu via MTP)
9) Swipe to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and after that flash SuperSu. That’s it, your Xiaomi Mi 6 root successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi6 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.