After Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 6.1/Plus, Nokia finally rolling out the Android 9 Pie Stable Update for Nokia 5. The Stable Pie update for Nokia 5 comes with build number v6.12E and bring the January 2019 security patch. Follow below guide to Download and Install Nokia 5 Android Pie Update.
The Nokia 5 Android 9 Pie features a new Digital Wellbeing dashboard, gesture-based navigation system, AI-enhanced improvements to the UI, Recent App Switcher, new Adaptive features (adaptive battery and brightness), along with January 2019 security patch. Download Nokia 5 Android 9 Pie OTA Update from below.
There is two method to get Android Pie on your device either install Android Pie OTA Updates or Download the Android Pie OTA and flash it manually. If you’re already using the Android P build on your Nokia 5, you can grab the OTA file and sideload it without deleting your data. Follow below guide to Download and Install Nokia 5 Android Pie Update.
Download Nokia 5 Android 9 Pie OTA Update
- Download Stable Android 9.0 Pie OTA v6.12E for Nokia 5 – Download
- This method will work only on Nokia 5 TA-1053 variants.
- Below method is not tested so do it at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Install Nokia 5 Android Pie Update –
Method 1 –
- Download the OTA zip file from above and save it on your device.
- Go to download folder and rename the file to update.zip
- Place it to the root directory of internal storage.
- Open Phone App and dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
- Wait for the update to finish and restart when prompted.
Method 2 –
- Enable USB debugging option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
- Download the Nokia 5 Android Pie OTA zip from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
- Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Choose Apply update from ADB
- Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
- On Marshmallow ROM folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
- Now check your connection by typing the below command
adb devices if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
- Flash the Android Pie OTA Zip on Nokia 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File-Name.zip
- Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.
So this the complete guide to Download and Install Nokia 5 Android Pie Update. If you have any doubts comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.