Now you can Update Redmi Note 5 Pro to Android 9 Pie by installing latest OxygenOS ROM. Redmi Note 5 pro is a popular device and there are already have lots of custom ROM available for the device. The OxygenOS is the latest addition to the list and which is ported from OnePlus 5T. If you want to taste Android 9.0 Pie ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro then follow our guide to Download OxygenOS Redmi Note 5 Pro.
XDA Senior Member LeekGeek released the initial build of OxygenOS for Redmi Note 5 Pro which is based on Open beta build but stable enough to use it as a daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Pie and OxygenOS features but may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download Android Pie based OxygenOS for Redmi Note 5 Pro from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Pie build for Redmi Note 5 pro and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Pie based OxygenOS on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Download Android 9 Pie based OxygenOS for Redmi Note 5 Pro from below and Update Redmi Note 5 Pro to Android Pie manually.
- Noise cancellation (turn off in : open dialer app -> 3 dot upper corner right -> setting -> noise cancellation)
- System update app fc
- The ROM is an initial Pie build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Android Pie based OxygenOS for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download Vendor Image and OxygenOS zip file – Download (Development Page)
How to Install Android 9 Pie based OxygenOS ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the Vandor image and OxygenOS zip file from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the Custom Vendor & swipe to Install the ROM file (Imp – Flash the vendor before flashing the ROM)
- After flashing the Custom vendor, Flash the ROM.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download Android Pie based OxygenOS for Redmi Note 5 Pro and install it manually. Let us know how’s your experience with OxygenOS update for Redmi Note 5 Pro by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.