Here we share How to Remove Carrier/OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access. Manufacturers and carriers often load Android phones with their own apps. Many users consider OEM apps and carrier-installed software on our devices slow down the naturally smooth and responsive Android experience. Most versions of Android allow you to get rid of Carrier/OEM Bloatware on Android fairly easily and we share the easiest way to Remove Carrier/OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access.
Many Android phones come packed with useless software pre-installed by the device’s manufacturer and cellular carrier. These applications are called bloatware, and bloatware is famous for slowing down the devices with the passage of time. This bloatware takes up valuable storage space, run automatically at startup and drain your phone battery by keep running the apps in the background. But you can easily Debloat Android device by using the below method to Remove or Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access.
Because many OEMs and carriers install bloatware as system apps, you need root permissions to remove them. If you rooted your phone you can easily remove bloatware on Android phone by installing a custom ROM that doesn’t have any bloatware installed. But rooting will void phone warranty and many users not preferred that.That’s why we share a guide to Remove Carrier/OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access.
- Uninstalling system applications can be very dangerous. If something goes wrong, your phone becoming unusable until you perform a factory reset.
- Take a complete backup of your phone for safer side and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Remove Carrier/OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access
1) Enable USB debugging option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
4) On ADB and Fastboot folder, press shift+right click and click on open command here.
5) Now check your connection by typing the below command (if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM)
If this is your first time running ADB, you will see a prompt on your phone asking you to authorize a connection with the computer. Grant it.
6) Enter the following command
7) Execute the below command to find package names.
pm list packages | grep '<OEM/Carrier/App Name>'
(Example-> pm list packages | grep 'OnePlus')
8) Now you can see the list of all system apps. Now check the app and use the below command to uninstall OEM or Carrier apps from Android.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>
(Example-> pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.oneplus.launcher)
9) Done! Above step will Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware from Android device.