Today we discuss How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 8. Last years Huawei Mate 8 is one of the most powerful device from Huawei. Now you can download TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Huawei Mate 8. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Huawei Mate 8. Thanks to the developer ajsmsg78 for providing the TWRP v3 recovery for Huawei Mate 8. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a completely new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. But first, you need to unlock bootloader of Huawei Mate 8 (Check out How to unlock bootloader of Huawei Mate 8). Follow the below guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 8.
If you are a Huawei Mate 8 user, then you can Root Huawei Mate 8 and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Mate 8. And if you already install custom recovery on Huawei Mate 8 then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 8. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Huawei Mate 8. So before we explain to you how to root and install custom recovery on Huawei Mate 8, you should check some benefits of rooting.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After root and install TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 8 you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install custom recovery on Huawei Mate 8 –
- 1) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- 2) Download and install Universal ADB driver for Huawei Mate 8 if above doesn’t work.
- 3) Download TWRP Recovery for Huawei Mate 8 and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- 4) Download SuperSu to root Huawei Mate 8 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 8 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Huawei Mate 8.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
9) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Huawei Mate 8
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Huawei Mate 8 and install custom recovery on Huawei Mate 8 successfully.
That’s all, this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 8. To verify root access, just download root checker from Google Play store and confirm if your device has gained root access. If you have any questions, then comment below.