TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2 is already available even before its release. Le Max 2 is an upcoming flagship device from LeEco, which will be available in the market soon. Now you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2 as soon as you get a device on hand. XDA Senior Member HostZero shares a TWRP which is compiled using Omni 6.0 sources. The developer hasn’t tested the build but he is quite confident that it will work on the device. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2.
If you are planning to buy LeEco Le Max 2, then you can root LeEco Le Max 2 and install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2. TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on LeEco Le Max 2. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a whole new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Le Max 2. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2 Gemini.
- Download SuperSu to root LeEco Le Max 2 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2
Install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on LeEco Le Max 2.
Root LeEco Le Max 2 –
1) To Root LeEco Le Max 2, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Le Max 2.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root LeEco Le Max 2 and install custom recovery on LeEco Le Max 2 successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.
Source – XDA