Today we discuss how to Root oneplus two and install custom recovery on it. Oneplus is known for providing a high specs phone at decent price. Like Oneplus one the ‘Flagship Killer’, Oneplus two also comes with a powerful hardware but instead of Cyanogen Oneplus two comes with OxygenOS. But don’t worry you can flash cyanogenmod based custom roms anytime after you root oneplus two and install custom recovery on oneplus two. Also, we know that TWRP 3.0.0 just released means you get the latest TWRP on Oneplus 2. In this guide, we will help you to root Oneplus two and install custom recovery on Oneplus 2. But before you root Oneplus 2, you need to unlock its bootloader (check How to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus Two). So before we explain to you how to root Oneplus two and install custom recovery on Oneplus two, you can check why you should root your device.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After you root Oneplus two and install custom recovery on Oneplus 2 you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Oneplus Two and Install Custom Recovery –
- 1) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- 2) Download and install Universal ADB driver for Oneplus two if above doesn’t work.
- 3) Download TWRP Recovery for Oneplus Two and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- 4) Download SuperSu to root Oneplus two and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root Oneplus 2 and Install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 2 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
4) In command prompt type “fastboot devices” and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connect properly otherwise check the device driver again.
5) Type this command correctly in command prompt without quotes “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
6) Now type “fastboot boot recovery.img“ in command prompt it will reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Oneplus two.
7) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
8) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Oneplus 2.
9) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Oneplus two and install custom recovery on Oneplus two successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to root Oneplus two and install custom recovery on Oneplus 2 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.