The latest version of Official TWRP for Honor 6X is now available for download. You can download the recovery from below and flash it via fastboot. Today we explain the easiest method to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 6x. This guide is divided into three parts first part show you how to unlock bootloader of Honor 6x, second show you how to install TWRP on Honor 6x, and the last one show you how to Root Honor 6x. Follow this guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 6X.
If you are an Honor 6x user, then you can easily unlock bootloader, root and Install TWRP Recovery On Honor 6x. And if you already install a custom recovery on Honor 6x then you can flash the latest Official version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 6X. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP on Honor 6x. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Honor 6x –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Official TWRP Recovery for Honor 6x – Download
- Download SuperSu to root Huawei Honor 6x and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 6X
How to Unlock Bootloader of Honor 6x
To unlock Honor 6x bootloader first, you need to Request Unlock Code for Honor 6X and then follow simple adb commands to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Honor 6x.
How to Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 6x –
1) First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Honor 6x.
Root Honor 6x –
1) To Root Honor 6x, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Up + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to Root Huawei Honor 6x.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Honor 6x and install TWRP on Honor 6x successfully.
So this is the complete guide of Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 6X with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.