LG V10 is a uniquely desgined smartphone from LG. It comes with dual screen, dual from camera and Always-on display and with other premium features. LG V10 sports 5.7-inch Quad HD display with 2,560×1,440 resolution and a pixel density of 515 ppi. LG V10 powered by a hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with 4GB of RAM. The phone has 16MP Rear and 5MP dual front camera with 3000 mAh battery. Also, the phone Fingerprint Sensor. Along with the powerful specifications you can add extras by rooting your phone but for that you need to unlock bootloader of LG V10 first.
If you’re planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, you have to unlock bootloader of LG V10 first. Once you unlock LG V10 bootloader, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. So here is the step by step guide with the help of that you can quickly unlock bootloader of LG V10. Read the below note carefully before you unlock bootloader of LG V10.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- This method is for LG V10 LG-H901 model only don’t try it on any other model.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to unlock bootloader of LG V10 –
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
3) After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter into the folder and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
adb reboot bootloader
6) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
7) To unlock bootloader of LG V10, go to the command line and type below command it will ask you to confirm the Action, you can confirm it by selecting ‘Yes’. It will only take seconds to complete the process.
fastboot oem unlock
9) To check if your device is successfully unlocked, type below command in the command prompt you see ‘Device Unlocked’ bit set to ‘True’.
fastboot oem device-info
10) Once you unlock bootloader of LG V10, restart it by using the command below.
This is the complete guide of how to unlock bootloader of LG V10. But unlocking your bootloader alone is not enough you should install a custom recovery and root your device to get full access. If you have any doubt related to above process comment below.