Official bootloader unlock for the European LG G6 (H870) is now available from LG’s Developer site. The device comes with a locked bootloader. But with few simple steps, you can Unlock Bootloader of LG G6. If you decide to flash a ROM, root your phone, or to install a custom recovery, then you need to unlock the bootloader of LG G6 first. But you should be warned that unlocking LG G6 bootloader may void its warranty. Follow the below guide to Unlock Bootloader of LG G6. Before you unlock bootloader of LG G6 make sure you are on European variant H870, it will not work on any other variants.
If you’re planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, you have to unlock the bootloader of LG G6 first. Once you unlock LG G6 bootloader, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. Here we share the step by step guide with the help of that you can quickly unlock bootloader of LG G6 H870. Read the below note carefully before you unlock bootloader of European LG G6.
- Unlocking bootloader of LG G6 will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- This procedure only works for European LG G6 H870, don’t try it on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 –
1) First, create a free LG Developer account: Register account
2) To unlock bootloader of LG G6, you need two things, device ID and your phone’s IMEI number. To get the IMEI, you can simply type *#06# in the dialer and note it down.
3) To get device id follow the below steps.
4) Go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
5) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into bootloader mode by typing below. (If ADB is not detecting your device try switching USB mode from Charging to MTP or PTP.)
adb reboot bootloader
6) Once your device boot into the bootloader mode type the below command
fastboot oem device-id
7) The above command will return a character string. This is the Device ID of your device, which is needed to generate your unique unlock key.
$ fastboot oem device-id (bootloader)----------------------------------------------------------------- (bootloader) Device-ID (bootloader) CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013 (bootloader) F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1 (bootloader)-----------------------------------------------------------------
8) Now to generate your unlock key, you need to paste together the 2 lines of output into one continuous string without “(bootloader)” or white spaces.
Example, the Device ID would be:
9) Now go to the LG Developer website and Log in to your account and click the Start Unlocking the Bootloader button.
10) Now on the page that opens, enter your details include your name, email ID, IMEI and device ID.
11) Now select ‘LG H870‘ from the drop down of the ‘Phone‘ menu and click on‘Confirm‘.
12) Now you get Unlock key on your mail, download the file and save it on fastboot installation directory.
13) Now while the device is still in fastboot mode and is connected to your PC, enter the below command in command prompt:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
14) Now to reboot your device type
The above steps will unlock Bootloader of LG G6. After that, you can easily install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6. I’ll share a guide once TWRP for LG G6 will available for the device. Let us know if you have any doubts.