Now you can unlock bootloader of Moto G4 Plus. The Moto G4 Plus is a recently launched device from Motorola. Moto G4 Plus sports a 5.5-inch FHD IPS display with 1080p resolution and a pixel density of 401PPI. Moto G4 Plus is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor coupled with Adreno 405 GPU and 2/3GB RAM. The phone packs with a 16/32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. The phone comes with 16 MP rear camera with dual LED flash and 5 MP front camera and has 3000 mAh battery. The Moto G4 Plus runs on a latest Android 6.1 Marshmallow. Also, the phone has hidden LED light which you can use as notification light after you root Moto G4 Plus. Along with the powerful specifications you can add extras by root Moto G4 Plus but for that, you need to unlock bootloader of Moto G4 Plus first. Although Root and TWRP Recovery for Moto G4 Plus is still not available but you need an unlock device when it hit to your device. So check out the below steps to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G4 Plus.
If you’re planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, you have to unlock bootloader of Motorola Moto G4 Plus first. Once you unlock Moto G4 bootloader, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. So here is the step by step guide with the help of that you can quickly unlock bootloader of Moto G4 2106. Read the below note carefully before you unlock bootloader of Moto G4 Plus.
- Unlocking your device may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to unlock bootloader of Moto G4 Plus –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
3) After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter into the folder and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
5) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter in fastboot mode of Moto G4 Plus, type the below command in command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
6) In the command window, type the following command.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
7) the above command will return a string. Now copy the code in notepad and delete all the blank space so that you will get a single line string.
8) Now head over to the Motorola’s unlock the boot loader site and create a free account or Sign in Google+.
9) Now Paste the above String (Unlock Code) in the bottom of the Moto site (step 6) and click on Can my device be unlocked? You also need to accept terms and condition on this page by clicking I Accept.
10) The unlock key will be sent to your E-Mail ID, which you used to register at Motorola site.
11) Now copy the Unlock Key and execute the following command.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
12) The above command will Unlock Bootloader of Moto G4 Plus.
13) Reboot and done.
This is the complete step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader of Moto G4 Plus. Now you can also Root and TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus. If you have any questions comment below.