TWRP Recovery for Moto G4 Plus is now available. The Moto G4 Plus is recently launched budget smartphone by Motorola. The device is new still developers got a way to root and install TWRP recovery on Moto G4 Plus, thanks to the XDA Senior Member yeshwanthvshenoy who provide the unofficial TWRP for Moto G4 Plus. The bootloader of Moto G4 Plus is unlockable means you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus. Also, we know that TWRP 3.0.0 released recently means you get the latest TWRP on Moto G4 Plus. The process of Moto G4 Plus root is very easy all you need to follow the steps. But before you root Moto G4 Plus, you need to unlock its bootloader (check How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G4 Plus). So before we explain to you how to root and install TWRP recovery on Moto G4 Plus, you can check why you should root your device.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After you root Moto G4 Plus and install custom recovery, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Moto G4 Plus and Install Custom Recovery –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download and install Drivers for Moto G4 Plus if above doesn’t work.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Moto G4 Plus (AFH Link) and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Download SuperSu to root Moto G4 Plus and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus –
Install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Moto G4 Plus.
Root Moto G4 Plus –
TWRP is working fine but on many devices flashing SuperSu causes Bootloop for now so don’t try to root if you don’t know how to recover from bootloop.
1) To Root Moto G4 Plus, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Moto G4 Plus.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Moto G4 Plus and install custom recovery on Moto G4 Plus successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.