The OnePlus recently launched its new flagship device OnePlus 5, which comes with a locked bootloader. But with few simple steps, you can Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5. If you decide to flash a ROM, root your phone, or to install a custom recovery, then you need to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5 first. But you should be warned that unlocking OnePlus 5 bootloader may void its warranty. Follow the below guide to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5.
If you’re planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, you have to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5 first. Once you unlock OnePlus 5 bootloader, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. So here is the step by step guide with the help of that you can quickly unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5. Read the below note carefully before you unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5 –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter the folder, and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
5) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter the fastboot mode of OnePlus 5 type the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
6) You are in a Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
7) To unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5, go to the command line and type below command. It will only take seconds to complete the process.
fastboot oem unlock
This is the complete guide on how to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5. If you have any doubt related to above process comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.