Install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 (Download Xposed for Oreo)
Xposed Framework has been updated to v90 which adds support for Android Oreo. Today we discuss how to Install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1. Xposed developer @rovo89 recently updated Xposed Framework to v90 which adds support for Android Oreo. Android Oreo Xposed Framework is still in beta state but you can install this on Android 8.0 and Android 8.1. Check below How to Xposed Framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1.
Xposed Developer rovo89 says that it has been stable enough for him on his daily driver (the Google Pixel), and other developers such as XDA Recognized Contributor / Developer wanam have tested it as well. To Install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 you need to Download Xposed for Android Oreo from below and follow the below steps.
Xposed framework is already available for Android Nougat and now you can use the Xposed framework on Android Oreo/LineageOS 15 too. Like the older version direct installation is also not possible in Oreo ROMs, and you have to flash Xposed framework on Oreo via custom recovery. Follow the below guide to Install Xposed Framework on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Download Xposed for Android Oreo
- Xposed Installer v3.1.4 apk – Download
- Xposed Framework zip for Android 8.0 Oreo SDK 26 – Download
- Xposed Framework for Android 8.1 Oreo SDK 27 – Download
- This app needs a Rooted device with TWRP or Magisk installed.
- For safer side take a complete backup from TWRP recovery.
- The user with Samsung stock ROMs may face the bootloop issue.
- The Oreo Xposed version is still in early stage and many modules not working properly.
How to Install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 –
- First, make sure you have enabled ‘Unknown Sources‘ option. You find it here Settings –>Security –>Unknown sources.
- There are three different versions of Xposed framework available for different types of CPU’s. To check your CPU architecture install the app called ‘Hardware Info‘ from play store, open it and click on the processor. It will show you which type of processor your device have.
- Download the suitable Xposed framework v90 zip and Xposed installer 3.1.4 for your device and move it to your sd card.
- Reboot your phone into Recovery mode.
- In TWRP Recovery, click ‘Install‘ and select the zip file you downloaded from above.
- Swipe the slider and select wipe cache/Dalvik and reboot your device. At first boot, it will take some time so be patient.
- Now install Xposed installer and open the app after installation. Go to the framework and you see that ‘Xposed Framework version 90 is active‘. This means you install Xposed framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1 device successfully. Now move to the download section and start browsing modules you love.
So this is the complete guide of how to Install Xposed Framework on Android Oreo 8.0/8.1. Install the app and search the Module you want and enjoy tweaking your phone. If you have any doubt, ask me by commenting below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.