Today we share How to Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. Recently Nougat 7.0 update for Moto G4 Plus was rolled out for some region, and the update is quite stable, but If you update your update your phone but don’t like the update for any reason, then you can easily revert back to a lower version (Android Marshmallow). While it’s not possible to officially downgrade your phone back to Marshmallow from Android Nougat, but XDA senior member TechBurner comes with a workaround with that you can easily Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Marshmallow 6.0.
The Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus are the first non-Nexus devices which receive the Android 7.0 update officially. But many device owners are still not happy with the Android 7.0 Nougat update for various reasons. If you are one of the users and would like to revert back to the older version of Android, then you are in the right place here we share the method to Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Nougat 7.0 to Marshmallow 6.0. Follow below guide to Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in-between the process.
- Downgrading Moto g4 Plus may work for you as well but keep that in mind that Flashing a Firmware Image is not a safe way to downgrade. Downgrading not guarantee. If you want to take the risk, then proceed.
Requirement to downgrade Moto G4 Plus to Marshmallow
- Moto G4 Stock Marshmallow Firmware
- Download Run.bat file
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download and install Drivers for Moto G4 Plus if above doesn’t work.
How to Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
1) Download Moto driver and adb and fastboot from above and install it on your PC.
2) Now Download the correct firmware for your device from above and extract it to the ADB installation directory.
3) Now download run.bat file from above and save it on adb and fastboot folder.
4) Now go to adb and fastboot installation directory and open the command window there by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
5) Now Reboot your phone into Bootloader mode by turning it off and press and hold ‘Power + Volume Down‘.
6) Now connect your device to your computer via usb cable.
7) Double click and run the run.bat file.
8) After the window closes, start the phone by selecting the start option in the bootloader mode.
9) Done! Above steps will Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.
This is the complete guide to Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. If you have any doubts, comment below.