Huawei is quite popular for its Honor series. Huawei launched many products last year in honor series like Honor 4 play, Honor 4x, Honor 5X and Honor 6. The Honor 4X has a 5.5-inch display with 720p resolution. The phone powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and Adreno 306 GPU with 2GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage. The phone came with 13 MP rear and 5 MP front camera with 3000 mAh battery. If you are an Honor 4/4x owner, you can root and install custom recovery on Honor 4X. You need to unlock its bootloader first (check how to unlock the bootloader of Huawei devices) if you want to root Huawei Honor 4X or to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 4X. So before we explain to you how to root and install custom recovery on Honor 4X, you should check some benefits of rooting.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After root and install custom recovery on Honor 4/4X you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install custom recovery on Honor 4X –
- 1) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- 2) Download and install Universal ADB driver for Honor 4/4X if above doesn’t work.
- 3) Download TWRP Recovery for Honor 4x and 4 play, Mirror and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- 4) Download SuperSu to root Honor 4/4x and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Honor 4X and Ascend G620S –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
4) In command prompt type “fastboot devices” and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connect properly otherwise check the device driver again.
5) Type this command correctly in command prompt without quotes “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
6) Now type “fastboot boot recovery.img“ in command prompt it will reboot your phone into recovery mode.Now you successfully installed custom recovery on Honor 4X.
7) You are in recovery mode now. In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’.
8) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root and install custom recovery on Honor 4X or 4 play or Ascend G620S successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to root and install custom recovery on Honor 4X with easy steps. To verify root access, just download root checker from Google Play store and confirm if your device has gained root access. If you have any questions, comment below.
Source – XDA