How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 3/Pro [Lineage OS 15 ROM]
Now you can Update Redmi 3/Pro to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing latest Lineage OS 15 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first Lineage OS 15 for Redmi 3/Pro is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Redmi 3/Pro then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 3/Pro.
XDA Recognized Developer Anik_khan released the initial build of Lineage OS 15 ROM for Redmi 3/Pro and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 3/Pro from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Redmi 3/Pro and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Redmi 3/Pro. The Redmi 3/Pro Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 3/Pro from below and Update Redmi 3/Pro to Android Oreo manually.
- This ROM is work on Redmi 3/Pro. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Redmi 3/Pro
- Download LineageOS 15 ROM for Redmi 3/Pro ido – Download (Development Page)
- Lineage OS 15 Gapps For Redmi 3/Pro – Download
- Magisk for Redmi 3/Pro – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 3/Pro
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 3/Pro. Let us know how’s your experience with Lineage OS 15 update for Redmi 3/Pro by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.