Good news for Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, Android 9 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 8 SE is leaked ahead of its official release. The leaked build is an MIUI 8.11.1 China Developer ROM based on Android Pie. This is a closed beta version and can only be flashed via TWRP. Official Stable and Global build will be available soon but for now, you can follow below guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie Beta on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE.
The Android Pie for Xiaomi Mi 8 SE features a new Digital Wellbeing dashboard, gesture-based navigation system, AI-enhanced improvements to the UI, Recent App Switcher, new Adaptive features but the build only supports Mandarin and English language and also Google Play Services won’t work. Download and Install Android 9 Pie Beta on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE from below.
The ROM is a beta build and comes in Mandarin and English. Here we share Xiaomi Mi 8 SE MIUI 8.11.1 China Developer ROM which can be installed over earlier China ROM without wiping your data. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE.
- This Firmware file is only for Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the method correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot driver installed (Check out How to setup ADB and Fastboot on windows and Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac)
- Installing Android Pie on Mi 8 SE will delete all your data so take Complete Backup of your Device before proceeding.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
- Download MIUI 8.11.1 China Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8 SE – Download
How to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE –
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 9.0 ROM from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. If you have any doubts comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.