Now you can Update Nexus 5x to Android 9 Pie by installing latest AOSP 9.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 9 Pie Update for Pixel Devices and Android Pie Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Pie and now first AOSP 9.0 for Android 9 Pie is available for download. If you want to taste Android 9.0 Pie ROM on Nexus 5x then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5X.
XDA Senior Member argraur released the initial build of AOSP 9.0 ROM for Nexus 5X which is an initial build and contain bugs. The ROM comes with many Android Pie features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5x from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Pie build for Nexus 5X and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Pie on Nexus 5x. The Nexus 5x Android Pie ROM brings all Android Pie features to your device. Download Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5x from below and Update nexus 5x to Android Pie manually.
What does work:
* Gatekeeper (lockscreen)
What does not work:
- This ROM is work on Nexus 5x. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Pie build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 9.0 ROM for Nexus 5x
- Download AOSP 9.0 Pie for Nexus 5x – Download (Development Page)
- Android 9.0 Pie Gapps For Nexus 5x – Download
How to Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5x
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 9.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5x. Let us know how’s your experience with AOSP 9.0 update for Nexus 5x by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.