Now you can Update Redmi Note 4 to Android 9 Pie by installing latest AOSP 9.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 9 Pie Update for Pixel Devices and Android Pie Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Pie and now first AOSP 9.0 for Android 9 Pie is available for download. If you want to taste Android 9.0 Pie ROM on Redmi Note 4 then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4.
XDA Senior Member abhishek987 released the initial build of AOSP 9.0 ROM for Redmi Note 4 which is an initial build but stable enough to use it as a daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Pie features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4 from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Pie build for Redmi Note 4 and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Pie on Redmi Note 4. The Redmi Note 4 Android Pie ROM brings all Android Pie features to your device. Download Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4 from below and Update Redmi Note 4 to Android Pie manually.
- Hardware encryption
- This ROM is work on Redmi Note 4. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Pie build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 9.0 ROM for Redmi Note 4
- Download AOSP 9.0 Pie for Redmi Note 4 – Download (Development Page)
- Android 9.0 Pie Gapps For Redmi Note 4 – BitGapps or Unofficial OpenGapps
How to Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 9.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4. Let us know how’s your experience with AOSP 9.0 update for Redmi Note 4 by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.