Now you can Update Galaxy S7 Edge to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing latest Experience 9.0 ROM. Recently few users claim that Samsung rolled out Oreo to Galaxy S7 edge users in Vietnam. Thanks to the XDA Senior Member ProtoDeVNan0 who was able to port the ROM that can be flashed on any Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos). This ROM is based on the Galaxy S7 Edge leaked Oreo firmware, and it brings Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 to the Galaxy S7 Edge. Follow the below guide to Download and Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge.
XDA Senior Member ProtoDeVNan0 released the initial build of Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge from below.
The ROM is based on leaked Android Oreo build for Galaxy S7 Edge and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge from below and Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Android Oreo manually.
- This ROM is made for Galaxy S7 Edge/G935F, not G930F! It will boot on S7 Flat/G930F but touch screen won’t work. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Android Oreo ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Download Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge – Download
How to Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge
- First, Download and Install TWRP Recovery on your device. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge. Let us know how’s your experience with the ROM by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.