Good news for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Users, after a long wait and too many beta updates Samsung finally rolling out the Latest stable Android 8.0 Oreo update for Galaxy S8/S8+. The Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Oreo Update is a stable Oreo build which comes with a baseband version CRAP. If you want to Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ or want to Update Exynos Galaxy S8/S8+ to Android 8.0 Oreo Manually then you are in right place. Here we share a guide to Download and Install Android Oreo on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.
Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Oreo build brings all Android Oreo Features along with floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, PIP mode, Samsung Experience 9.0 and lots of new features and settings. Other than that Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Android 8.0 Oreo update comes with many new features and bug fixes. Follow below guide to Download and Install stable Android Oreo On Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.
Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Android Oreo firmware update is available for all Exynos variants. The update is a stable version and soon will roll out via OTA for all users. Android Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ comes with a build number CRAP (G950FXXU1CRAP and G955FXXU1CRAP). Download and Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ from below.
- This Firmware file is only for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Exynos Variant. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Android Oreo OTA Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 AQL5 Firmware – Download
- Download AQL5 to CRAP OTA for Galaxy S8 G950F – Download
- Download Galaxy S8+ AQL5 Firmware – Download
- Download AQL5 to ZRA5 OTA for Galaxy S8 G955F – Download
- Download ZRA5 to CRAP OTA for Galaxy S8 G955F – Download
- Download Odin for Samsung Galaxy S8/Plus – Download
How to Install Android Oreo On Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ –
Part 1 – Flashing required Firmware
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now download Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Stock Firmware from above and extract it. Also Download the Oreo OTA for Galaxy S8/S8+ and save it on your device.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin_vxx.exe file on your PC.
5) Connect your Galaxy S8/Plus to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the Bixby and volume down buttons, then press the power button. until you see the download mode screen.
9) Click on the BL button and navigate to the folder where you extracted your firmware files, and then click the file starting with BL. Do the same for AP, CP, and HOME_CSC.
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will Flash Firmware on Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Part 2 – Flashing Oreo OTA update
Method 1 –
1) Once the firmware flashed on your device, power off your phone again and then boot into recovery once more by holding down the Bixby button + Volume up + power.
2) Now in Recovery select option apply update from sdcard.
4) Now select the OTA zip file you downloaded from above. (For Galaxy S8 select AQL5 to CRAP OTA and for Galaxy S8+ first install AQL5 to ZRA5 and then ZRA5 to CRAP OTA)
5) Now, wait until the process finishes.
6) Done! Reboot your system and enjoy.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting ->developer option ->. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Download the Android Oreo OTA Zip file for Galaxy S8/S8+ from above and Copy ROM to ADB folder.
4) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
5) Now select “Apply update from ADB”
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the Oreo OTA on Galaxy S8/S8 plus by typing below command (For Galaxy S8 sideload AQL5 to CRAP OTA and for Galaxy S8+ first sideload AQL5 to ZRA5 and then ZRA5 to CRAP OTA)
adb sideload File_name.zip
8) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone (first boot will be longer than 15 minutes)
This is the easiest way to Download and Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Let us know your thoughts about Galaxy S8/Plus Android 8.0 Oreo update in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.