Latest Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9 Lite is now available for download. Here we share a link to Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Lite. The ROM is an unofficial build and contains some bugs. As we know CyanogenMod project is gone, but Lineage OS continues in its place and picks up where CM left off with version 14.1. Official Lineage OS builds are already rolling out to many supported devices and now the first unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite is available for download. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Lite.
Thanks to the XDA member OldDroid who provide Lineage OS 14.1 or CM 14.1 for Huawei P9 Lite. The ROM is an initial nightly nougat build for Huawei P9 Lite and missing some important Lineage OS features, but that’s added with time. But the good news is you can experience Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Huawei P9 Lite. The LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P9 Lite brings Nougat features and some LOS features like such LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and so on. Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Lite from below.
- This ROM is work on Huawei P9 Lite only. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Not Working –
- Camera is buggy atm
- Multiple RIL issues, dual sim works fine for some users!
Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9 Lite – Download, Development Page
- Vendor.zip for Huawei P9 Lite – Download (If Flashing over EMUI 5.0)
- LineageOS 14.1 Gapps For Huawei P9 Lite
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Lite
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14.1/ LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite, Vendor.zip and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
4) Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, Vendor, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) If you are flashing LineageOS first time over EMUI 5 then follow the below step to flash vendor.img otherwise skip it and move it to step 9.
7) Extracted the vendor.zip and put it on your external sdcard.
8) Now either use TWRP terminal or adb shell to flash the vendor.img :
dd if=/external_sd/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor
If you flash it from internal storage, use “sdcard instead of “external_sd”
9) After flashing the Vendor file Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
10) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
Download Huawei P9 Lite Lineage OS 14.1 ROM with Android 7.1 Nougat and install it on your device. Let us know how’s your experience with Lineage OS 14.1 update for Huawei P9 Lite by comments below.