Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco F1. Recently Xiaomi launched the new mid-range flagship device Poco F1 which comes with the latest software and powerful hardware. The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root Xiaomi Poco F1 then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco F1.
This guide is divided into three parts first part show you how to unlock the bootloader of Poco F1, second show you how to install TWRP on it, and the last one show you how to Root Poco F1. Follow this guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Poco F1.
If you are a Xiaomi Poco F1 user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1. The recovery is an unofficial version shared by XDA senior member Shivam Kumar Jha. So here is the step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco F1. Read the below note carefully before you Root Pocophone F1. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Pocophone F1 and install TWRP on it, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- The method only works on Xiaomi Poco F1
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Poco F1 – Download (Rename it to recovery.img)
- Download disableForceEncryption_Treble.zip file – Download
- Download Magisk for Poco F1 and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco F1
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Poco F1
To unlock Poco F1 bootloader first, you need to Request Unlock Code for Poco F1 and then follow simple adb commands to unlock the bootloader of Poco F1.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco F1
How to Install TWRP on Poco F1 –
1) First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Poco F1.
7) Now disconnect your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Power Key or by using below command and then follow the below process to Root Poco F1.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8) Now the phone is booted in the TWRP mode.
9) If it will ask you for the password, Tap on the cancel button, go to wipe > advanced wipe and Wipe Data only.
10) Now Reboot to recovery and connect your phone to the PC and save the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip on your phone.
11) Now tap on the install Button and install the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip file.
Root Xiaomi Poco F1 –
1) To Root Xiaomi Poco F1, Boot your device into Recovery mode.
2) Now save the Magisk zip file to your phone.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select Magisk to Root Poco F1.
5) Swipe to flash Magisk to Root Poco F1 and reboot your device.
That’s it, you root Poco F1 and install TWRP successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco F1 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.
Source – XDA