Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4X Santoni. Recently Redmi 4X gets the Nougat based MIUI 9 Beta Update and you can easily Root Redmi 4X on Nougat and Marshmallow. The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root Xiaomi Redmi 4X then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4X.
This guide is divided into three parts first part show you how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi 4X, second show you how to install TWRP on it, and the last one show you how to Root Redmi 4X. Also there is two different method to Root the device and here we share both. Follow this guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Redmi 4X. Also, Check Nougat based MIUI 9 Beta Update for Redmi 4x.
If you are a Redmi 4X user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4X. The recovery is an official version which can be installed on your device. So here is the step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4X. Read the below note carefully before you Root Redmi 4X. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Redmi 4x and install TWRP on it, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- The method only works on Redmi 4X
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi 4X –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 4X – Official, Modded (Rename it to recovery.img)
- TWRP and Root Batch File for Redmi 4x Santoni – Download
- Download SuperSu for Redmi 4X and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4X
How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi 4X
To unlock Redmi 4X bootloader first, you need to Request Unlock Code for Redmi 4X and then follow simple adb commands to unlock the bootloader of Redmi 4X.
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 4X –
1) First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Redmi 4X.
7) Now disconnect your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Power Key and follow the below process to Root Redmi 4X Santoni.
Root Redmi 4X –
1) To Root Redmi 4X, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Up + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to Root Redmi 4X.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Redmi 4X and install TWRP successfully.
1) Download TWRP and Root zip file from above and extract the file on ADB and Fastboot folder.
2) There are two files inside one is for Nougat users and other is for Marshmallow users.
3) Now boot your phone into the Fastboot Mode.
4) Connect the device to PC.
5) Run the twrp-installer.bat file.
6) Above step will install the TWRP. and Now your device will boot in TWRP, do not select Read Only, just swipe
7) Now your device will boot in TWRP.
8) To Root or Install SuperSu on Redmi 4x, In TWRP go to Advanced -> Tools -> Root Device.
9) Now Clean Cache/Dalvik and reboot. you should find SuperSu installed.
10) Now you can find SuperSu installed on your device (If it asks you to update binaries, do it and reboot one more time)
So this is the complete guide of how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 4X with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.
Source – MIUI