Today we discuss how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8). Now you can download official TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Huawei G8 (GX8). Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Huawei G8. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a completely new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8).
If you are a Huawei G8 user, then you can Root Huawei G8 (GX8) and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei G8 (GX8). And if you already install custom recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8) then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8). Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8). Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- You must have unlocked Bootloader. Check out how to unlock bootloader of Huawei G8 (GX8).
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8) –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Huawei G8 (GX8).
- Download SuperSu to root Huawei G8 (GX8) and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8) –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Huawei GX8 from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below.
adb reboot bootloader
5) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
6) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8).
fastboot boot recovery.img
8) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
9) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Huawei G8 (GX8).
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Huawei G8 and install custom recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8) successfully.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei G8 (GX8). If you have any questions, then comment below.