Today we discuss how to Root LG V10 and install custom recovery on it. LG V10 is LG’s one of the best smartphones with the dual front camera and dual display. Also, we know that TWRP 3.0.0 released recently means you get the latest TWRP on LG V10 but still the unofficial one thanks to the XDA member @KAsp3rd. In this guide, we will help you to root LG V10 and install custom recovery on LG V10. The process of LG V10 root is very easy all you need to follow the steps. But before you root LG V10, you need to unlock its bootloader (check How to Unlock Bootloader of LG V10). So before we explain to you how to root LG V10 and install custom recovery on LG V10, you can check why you should root your device.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After you root LG V10 and install custom recovery you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- This method is for LG V10 LG-H901 model only don’t try it on any other model.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root LG V10 and Install Custom Recovery –
- 1) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- 2) Download and install Universal ADB driver for LG V10 if above doesn’t work.
- 3) Download TWRP Recovery for LG V10 and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- 4) Download SuperSu to root LG V10 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root LG V10 and Install TWRP Recovery on LG V10 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on LG V10.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
8) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root LG V10.
9) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root LG V10 and install custom recovery on LG V10 successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to root LG V10 and install custom recovery on LG V10 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.