Now you can easily Root OnePlus 6T and Install TWRP Recovery on it. The OnePlus 6T is the latest flagship device which comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor, latest software, and powerful hardware. The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root OnePlus 6T then you are in the right place. Here we share how to Root OnePlus 6T and Install TWRP Recovery.
To Root OnePlus 6T you need to Unlock its bootloader which will wipe your data. After unlocking the bootloader, you need to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6T and then flash Magisk to Root OnePlus 6T. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.2.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6T. Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6T.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root OnePlus 6T and install TWRP on it, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 6T. (Check This)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6T –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6T – blu_spark TWRP image, blu_spark TWRP flashable zip (This TWRP recovery is meant to work with the OnePlus 6 running on Android Pie, But will on OnePlus 6T also) (Download and save it on adb and fastboot folder)
- Download Magisk for OnePlus 6T – Download
How to Root OnePlus 6T and Install TWRP Recovery
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter.
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.img
6) When your device boots to TWRP, go to Advanced > ADB Sideload and then swipe at the bottom to start it.
7) Once it boots up, go to Advanced, ADB sideload and type the following.
adb sideload twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.zip
8) Now, reboot to recovery again (from within TWRP). Now flash the Magisk zip file the exact same way.
adb sideload Magisk-v17.3.zip
9) Now Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
11) That’s it, your OnePlus 6T root successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Root OnePlus 6T and Install TWRP Recovery with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.