Today we discuss how to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF-Auto-Root. CF Auto Root, the most trusted rooting method from Chainfire is now available for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. You can easily Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF-Auto-Root within minutes. Both Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge comes with almost same specifications. The phone powered by a powerful Octa Core Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8890 and Adreno 530 GPU with 4GB RAM and 32/64 GB internal memory. Galaxy s7 comes with a 12MP rear-facing sensor with an aperture of f/1.7 and 5 MP Front facing camera. The phone runs on Android 6.0 and has IP67 (dustproof and water resistant), 3D touch technology and Always-on display. With this guide, you can easily Root Samsung Galaxy S7 with CF Auto Root and Root Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with CF Auto Root.
TWRP Recovery for galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is already available and we covered that already in our previous post (Check out TWRP for S7 and TWRP for S7 Edge). And today we share another rooting method to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF-Auto-Root. But before we explain to you Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF-Auto-Root, you can check why you should root your device.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After you Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF-Auto-Root –
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge USB Drivers.
- Download CF Auto Root for Galaxy S7 SM-G930F
- Download CF Auto Root for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF-Auto-Root–
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now Download the CF Auto Root file for your device and extract it.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
5) Connect your phone to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
Note that CFAR’s display code isn’t yet compatible with the S7, as such, there is no output on screen. This means that after flashing with ODIN, the device will only show you the S7 logo, and it seems like nothing happens. Just leave the device alone for 5 minutes. It’ll reboot a few times, then boot into Android, but now you have root.
So this is the complete guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF-Auto-Root easily. If you have any questions, then comment below.