Huawei GX8/G8 users now update their phone to Android Marshmallow 6.0. This update is based on EMUI 4.0 and contains all Android 6.0 Marshmallow features. Huawei recently rolled out Marshmallow update for Huawei P9 Lite, Honor 4X and Honor 6 and now sending the latest version of Android to the Huawei G8(GX8). The update is rolling out for Europe regions (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania). The official Android 6.0 for Huawei GX8 (G8) is a stable build and rolling via OTA, but you can also Update Huawei GX8 to Marshmallow Manually. You can wait for the OTA updates, or you can Update Huawei GX8 to Marshmallow manually. If you don’t like stock EMUI then you can also download CM13 ROM for Huawei GX8/G8.
The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, App Permissions and more. Also, get some device specific changes like New EMUI 4.0. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for G8 (GX8) is available via OTA (over-the-air) and it is about 1.65GB in size. The update bumps build number to RIO-L01C432B340. The update may wipe SD Card data, so it is advisable to take a backup before you Update Huawei G8 to Marshmallow.
- Your device must be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- This update is only for Huawei GX8/G8 Dual Sim (RIO-L01, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania).
- You should be on RIO-L01C432B180 or RIO-L01C432B301 firmware before you Update Huawei GX8 to Marshmallow.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to install official Android 6.0 for Huawei G8/GX8 –
- Marshmallow for Huawei G8/GX8 Europe region – Download
Steps to Manually Update Huawei GX8 to Marshmallow –
1) First, download Android 6.0 for Huawei GX8 from above.
2) Now create a folder dload in the root of your internal storage or SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
3) Now go to the phone settings–>update and press the menu button.
4) Now select choose Local update.
5) It will detect the update.app and installation process will start.
6) Wait until the installation process is complete and then reboot your device., you have latest firmware
This is the easiest way to Update Huawei G8 to Marshmallow manually. If you have any questions comment below.