The latest version of TWRP for Huawei P20 is now available for download. Here we share the easiest method to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20. This guide is divided into three parts first part show you how to unlock the bootloader of Huawei P20, second show you how to install TWRP, and the last one show you how to Root Huawei P20. Follow this guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Huawei P20.
If you are a Huawei P20 user, then you can easily unlock bootloader, root and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei P20. And if you already install a custom recovery on Huawei P20 then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Huawei P20. Read the below note carefully before you Root Huawei P20. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- The method only works on Huawei P20.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Huawei P20 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- TWRP Recovery for Huawei P20 – Download (Rename it recovery.img and save it on ADB and fastboot folder)
- Download SuperSu to root Huawei P20 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Huawei P20
How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei P20
To unlock Huawei P20 bootloader first, you need to Request Unlock Code for Huawei P20 and then follow simple adb commands to unlock the bootloader of Huawei P20.
How to Install TWRP on Huawei P20 –
1) First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in a Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press Enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.img
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Huawei P20.
7) Now disconnect your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Power Key and follow the below process to Root Huawei P20.
Root Huawei P20 –
1) To Root Huawei P20, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Up + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to Root Huawei P20.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Huawei P20 and install TWRP successfully.
So this is the complete guide of Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Huawei P20 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.
Source – XDA