Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6 H870. Bootloader unlocking is now officially available for LG G6 and users who unlocked their bootloader looking for a way to Root LG G6 H870. Here we share how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery on LG G6 and then flash SuperSu to Root LG G6 H870. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.1.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.1.0 on LG G6 H870. Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6.
If you are an LG G6 user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG G6. XDA user nima0003 share a guide with that you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG G6. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you Root LG G6 and install TWRP on it, you can customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of LG G6. (Check How to unlock Bootloader of LG G6)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on LG G6 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for LG G6 H870 (Rename it to recovery.img and save it on ADB folder)
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for LG G6 – Download (Optional: only if you don’t want to flash SuperSu, some cases flashing supersu is enough to boot)
- Download SuperSu to root LG G6 and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6
Install TWRP on LG G6 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on LG G6
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now unplug your device and boot into TWRP Recovery.
7) Now follow below steps to root your device.
Root LG G6 –
1) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
2) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
3) Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip’. (If internal memory does not show up then Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” and transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and SuperSu via MTP)
9) Swipe to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and after that flash SuperSu. That’s it, your LG G6 root successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.
Source – XDA